Using tap water to make baby formula is probably not a wise decision given the possible contaminants that can exist in tap water nowadays. In case you are a parent, please read this post in its entirety. I have some valuable information to express. Are you mindful of just how vulnerable your infant is?
1. Microbial Threats – Inside the spring of 1993 a microscopic parasite called Cryptosporidium parvum was responsible for longer than 100 deaths in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It arrived via the city’s water supply because a water treatment plant failed to filter it out. Nowadays stricter regulations help to ensure that our water to drink is monitored and treated efficiently before finding yourself at our taps.
However we need to not relax because there still are a number of waterborne bacteria that still cause illnesses. The list includes nontyphoid Salmonella, pathogenic Escherichia coli and Legionella. Are all still very active, Legionella grows vigorously in warm water, such as in a shower where it can be inhaled with the steam.
2. Lead – Probably the most feared of contaminants due to the damage it can cause towards the brain. A recently available sampling of tap water in Washington D.C. exposed lead levels five times the EPA standard. The lead is most probably ahead out of your own household plumbing. This can happen should your house has lead pipes, or copper pipes soldered with lead plus it depends on the age of your property.
Actually the EPA suggest that you only use cold water for cooking, drinking especially for producing baby formula. It is because your hot water is more than likely to contain higher concentrations of lead. You happen to be at the greatest risk from your contact with lead in case you are a young child or should you be pregnant
3. Chlorinated Solvents – Can you use any of these, drain cleaners, shoe polish, waxes, oven cleaners? These contain chlorinated solvents, they fit in with a chemical family that is certainly popular in household and industrial processes. In 2006 samples of water to drink in twelve states were examined and ten percent were contaminated with chlorinated solvents.
4. Chemical Contaminants – Over the years we now have produced many synthetic organic chemicals including antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides to list but several. Most of these find their distance to our water supplies through various means, whether from illegal dumping of waste material or through the act of rain water. Once these wind up in our water to drink they posses a very real threat to our health.
When they do wind up in our water supply, according to the authorities these are at “this kind of low concentration that they tend not to pose any adverse health risk to consumers.” It appears very comforting, however I would ask what about the long term being exposed to these low concentrations? A minimal amount of pollutant probably would not affect a grownup, but what might it do in order to a kid?
5. Chlorine – Chlorine has been utilized inside our water supply for approximately one hundred decades. It really is still a valuable and effective disinfectant, and it also keeps working entirely approximately your tap. However chlorine does have an Achilles heel, water naturally contains organic matter and when this makes connection with chlorine the end result is disinfection by-products. These by-products can affect the fitness of your central nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Your child is very at risk of any one these contaminants so it’s smart to stop using tap water to make baby formula today. What you should do is get an effective water purifier. May I would recommend a mix of ixoqvx carbon filters, ion exchange, and sub micron filtration. This helps remove of nearly all the contaminants contained in water. If possible, obtain a whole house water system and be sure you utilize purified water for your baby’s needs. In this way, you can ensure your baby stays safe and healthy.